Wednesday, April 4, 2007

lab 9




This picture best describes what I think of about inductive modeling.
I like the concept of inductive modeling. It's interesting how it relates so well to how our brains use the idea of modeling and categorization. Our minds basically run the same way computers do and vice versa, and just thinking about that is remarkable. I've read a little more into inductive modeling and the user interface intrigues me the most. Inductive modeling is so efficent when it comes to making data directly available.


I enjoyed doing lab 9. I briefly noted in my previous post that I have little experience with excel, so not only did I learn how to use data analysis, I became way more familiar with Excel itself. I didn't even have it downloaded on my computer before the lab, that's how much I never used it. Having a step by step guide folllowed by a file you do all by yourself was useful, too, because it was a personal challenge to see if I could do everything without looking at instructions.

1 comment:

miraceti said...

yes,
that's how computers "learn" in a way.
they learn by finding a pattern across data points.